Last year, I decided to put my own spin on #Blocktober and take the opportunity to make lots of models and try and finish a game scene. My goal was to create a medieval/ fantasy inspired dining room at Halloween time. At this point, I did not have any finished environments that I was happy with, and I found that I often spent far too long on each model.
This was also my first time properly attempting to use Unreal Engine to render a scene, so I still had a lot to learn in the way of level design and composition.
Unfortunately, my hdd corrupted part way through October, and I was unable to complete my scene. This experience taught me the importance of source control, and gave me a better understanding of how to be more efficient in my workflow and timeline.